I went to my doctor's appointment (the post-operative one) today and he removed the cast and the splints that were on the inside. What I thought was swelling on the inside, making it a tiny bit difficult to breathe, were simply the splints. Luckily they numbed me before removing them because they hurt like a bitch, but my nose now works!
It feels very strange right now, and is swollen, which I was prepared for. It actually isn't as swollen as I thought it would be, so I am very happy! It is totally straight now as well! In the picture it looks a tiny bit crooked (to the right this time), but it's just swollen that way, not as much swelling on the left side.
I'm a little scared each time I touch it because it feels like it would be really sensitive, but it's not too bad. It hurts a little bit where the stiches were on the spot right between my nostrils. Let me tell you, it is not fun to get those cut!!!
Anyway, I'm excited. Besides the bruising below my eyes, I look pretty normal again! And once I put on makeup (for the first time in a week - my skin is so clear!) and sunglasses, no one will be able to tell. I'm so happy :)
-Jen


No comments:
Post a Comment